Former Ohio State student Carlo Lamarr-Marquis Owens pleaded innocent Wednesday to 21 felony counts including aggravated murder, robbery and burglary at his arraignment in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas.The charges result from Owens’ arrest in connection with the Jan. 14 murders of Patrick Pryor, 20, and Loretta Long, 21, and several armed robberies in the university district.Owens’ attorneys for the arraignment, Gerald Sunbury and David Young, requested Owens be allowed to waive his right to appear in court because of the media presence in the courtroom.Owens’ appearance could taint the ongoing investigation of the charges against him, Sunbury said. Police did not release a photograph of Owens when he was arrested because all possible witnesses had not been interviewed.The two prosecutors in the case, James Canepa and Bob Krapenc, objected to the attorneys’ request, arguing that witnesses in the case have identified Owens, Canepa said.The Franklin County magistrate in charge of the case refused to allow Owens to waive his appearance because the four aggravated murder charges against him carry possible death sentences.In death penalty cases defendants must have the charges read to them in court while present.Owens waived his right to a bond until the court appoints a judge in his case. An original bond was set at $1.5 million at his arraignment in municipal court, but the process starts all over because the case has been moved to different court.”I doubt the prosecutors will request his bond,” Young said.If the prosecutors do request a bond, Krapenc said it will be set high enough to keep Owens in jail.”(The bond) won’t be a good one,” Krapenc said.The judge will appoint Owens two attorneys who are certified by the Ohio Supreme Court to represent defendants in death penalty cases. Owens has requested that Young be one of the attorneys appointed, Young said.Owens has said he is “absolutely not guilty,” Young said.Pleading innocent is standard in these cases until the defense attorneys have filed their discovery motions and have all their “ducks in a row,” Canepa said.Owens has been charged with four counts of aggravated murder, five counts of aggravated burglary, 10 counts of aggravated robbery, one count of felonious assault and one count of carrying a concealed weapon.A trial date will be set within two to three days.Owens is being held in the Franklin County Detention Center on the $1.5 million bond set by Franklin County Municipal Court Judge Steven Hayes on Feb. 5.