Columbus got a taste of Hollywood Tuesday night when Planet Movies rolled out the red carpet for its star-studded grand opening at 275 Easton Town Square.Unfortunately, the aftertaste was more like stale hype as WNCI radio hosts Shawn Ireland and Dave Kaelin announced the arrival of a slew of celebrity guests including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Shaquille O’Neal, James Caan, Kelsey Grammer, Luke Perry and Tom Arnold. The stars made the walk of fame, one by one, from their limos along some 50 yards of roped-off red carpet, which led them past swarming Columbus fans and press to a ceremonial outdoor stage. Each celebrity walked on stage and did his best to work the Columbus crowd into a frenzy of support before thanking Columbus fans and then disappearing into Planet Movies. Stallone plugged the Columbus crowd as well as his own ancestry. “It’s great to be in a town named after an Italian,” Stallone said to cheering throngs of people. “Welcome to the world of cinema, Columbus.”Planet Movies combines 30 AMC movie theaters, the merchandise theme restaurant Planet Hollywood and an Official All-Star Cafe that will display Ohio sports memorabilia.Schwarzenegger donated the tank he once drove during his tour in the Austrian army as a permanent display at Planet Movies. At one point Schwarzenegger climbed on top of tank 331 to incite the crowd. “My dream has finally become a reality,” said a pumped-up Schwarzenegger. “To bring Planet Movies to Columbus.” A large Columbus crowd was treated to the novelty of hand waving, grinning and autograph signing movie stars, the likes of whom are seldom seen anywhere in Ohio at a single event. But the stellar guest list did very little to introduce this mega entertainment center or any of its amenities to the general public.Aside from the ticket holders who paid $100 apiece for a chance tomingle with some Hollywood legends, no other members of the public were allowed even the slightest gander at the inside of Planet Movies. To top it off, a majority of the press sent to cover the event was also denied access to the new dining and entertainment facility. Reporters from as far away as Dayton came to cover the opening of this complex without ever getting a glimpse inside.Both fans and press were left outside to listen to Columbus’ own Shukin’ Bubba Deluxe while the celebrities mingled with ticket holders and a few Columbus media giants.But the grand opening was not a loss for everyone. The tickets sold for the event raised over $150,000 for the local charity group, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Columbus, and many of Columbus’ own celebrities bought tickets to support the benefit.Among the Columbus stand-outs were Jason Singleton, Jimmy Jackson, Bobby Rahal, Michael Coleman, Brian McBride of the Columbus Crew and Mayor Greg Lashutka, who participated in the ceremonial tearing of the first movie ticket, which was the length of the entire outdoor stage. In a surprise move, Ohio State alumni and football super star Archie Griffin donated his 1974 Heisman trophy to Shaquille O’Neal and the All-Star Cafe. The trophy, which will undoubtedly be under tight security, will be on display as part of the Ohio sports memorabilia in Planet Movies’ All Star Cafe.