An Ohio State sophomore on the men’s volleyball team said someone stole his conference tournament ring after he held a party at his East 15th Avenue home early Saturday morning, but sources said the ring was later discovered.

According to police reports, someone entered the sophomore’s unlocked bedroom between 1:30 and 3:15 a.m. Saturday and stole $1,440 in property. Stolen items include a laptop computer, cell phone and the student’s ring he received last season after the Buckeyes won the conference title. The ring is valued at $200.

Sources said the ring and cell phone were later discovered in the student’s home, but the computer is still missing.

The student said there were people at the party that he did not know, but police did not list a suspect in the theft.

Two cars reported stolen in east campus area

A car was reportedly stolen from the 2200 block of Summit Street between Saturday night and early Sunday morning, according to police reports.

A 44-year-old resident of Powell told police that his Chevrolet Cobalt, valued at $10,000, was stolen in front of a Summit Street residence between 8 p.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. Sunday. He also reported that more than $1,000 in property was in the car when it was stolen, including fishing gear, clothing and an iPod.

A 50-year-old man reported to police that his car was also stolen between Saturday night and Sunday morning while it was parked in a lot near 70 E. 15th Ave.

The car owner, a resident of Dublin, Ohio, reported that his Honda Civic, valued at $4,000, was stolen along with clothing and an iPod that were in the car.

There were no witnesses to the thefts and police did not list suspects in either case.

Burglar loots apartment

Someone kicked in the door of an OSU student’s West Eighth Avenue apartment Saturday morning and stole more than $3,000 in property, according to police reports.

The 20-year-old resident told police that the front door to her apartment had been kicked in and that a burglar had stolen a digital camera and two laptop computers.

A knife that had been moved in the kitchen was collected to be used as evidence and searched for fingerprints, but no other prints could be obtained from the scene. A burglary detective was notified to investigate the crime.

Compiled by Collin Binkley