Cold weather didn’t stop band lovers from making their way to the center of the city to see Boys Like Girls, alongside Disco Curtis, VersaEmerge, A Rocket to the Moon, and The Maine, for the Love Drunk tour at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion.

LC Pavilion was beginning to fill with a majority of female fans, who expressed their love for those bands by wearing shirts with bands’ name or singing their songs when waiting in line.
Finally at 6:45 p.m., the lights came down, with screams everywhere inside LC Pavilion, Disco Curtis opened the entire show.

Their opening song, “Just dance, it’s gonna be OK,” with easy lyrics and a bright melody, set the crowd on fire. It was a great opening to a fantastic night of music.

After Disco Curtis, came VersaEmerge, a little-known band that certainly made an impression on the Columbus crowd.

A Rocket to the Moon pushed the show to a climax, with the new single “Mr. Right,” and other four songs, such as “Dakota.”

Then came the highight of the night: Boys Like Girls.

Not only did they perform for almost an hour, their intensity remained as high for the last song as it was for their first, keeping the crowd pumped the entire show.

As the last band to perform, Boys Like Girls got the strongest “wow” when asking audiences “How are you guys doing tonight?”

With a new album released last month, Boys Like Girls opened the show with their infectiously catchy new single “Love Drunk.”

But the show’s most rewarding moment came when Martin Johnson, the lead vocals and rhythm guitar of the band, sang “Two is Better Than One,” an album track that usually features pop princess Taylor Swift.

Without Swift, Johnson’s voice was still touching enough to turn the crowd into a sea of light from cell phones and lighters. At that time, he simply became a regular boy, just like the hundreds who had come to see him.

The band chose to end the show with a familiar single, “Thunder,” which Johnson said was the first song the band ever wrote together. But after repeated calls for an encore the band members awed the crowd once again with another radio favorite, “The Great Escape.”

Then, with a “Thank you so much, Columbus,” Johnson ended the show.