The Ohio StateDepartment of Dance features Kristina Isabelle Dance Company at 8 p.m. Oct. 16 and 17 in Sullivant Hall.

According to kristinaisabelledance.com, Kristina Isabelle is the artistic director of Kristina Isabelle Dance Company. She earned her BFA in dance from The Juilliard School and an MFA in dance and choreography from Ohio State, where she continued to develop her craft and accomplish her goals.

“I had a great experience at OSU and have grown tremendously by the excellent faculty and my peers in the graduate program,” Isabelle said in an email.

“I connected with a number of my peers, and to this day, we continue to work together and help each other.”

Donn Vickers, the marketing executive for Kristina Isabelle Dance Company, said, “Kristina is originally from Columbus and has performed literally all over the country, and this past summer she performed in Europe.”

“She has performed in a variety of national and international events over the years,” he said.

“Danse Homage: A Performance Honoring Contemporary Dance in Central Ohio” will include works not only by the company but also pieces from additional featured artists.

There are six works in the program, and Isabelle will be dancing in three of them as well as choreographing five. There will also be one stilt work in the program that will include another OSU MFA graduate, Jeff Fouch, who has been performing with the company for three years and is also an administrative assistant for Kristina Isabelle.

One premiere, “Through the Blinds,” which the company has been intensely rehearsing for more than six weeks, will be featured along with four additional pieces. These consist of “Da D-Arp,” “Boxed In,” “Sebastian” and “In the Ropes.” According to a Kristina Isabelle Dance Company press release, “In the Ropes” is “an interactive piece in which the audience will select the order of the dances, thus surprising the dancers each evening.”

The performances will have unique aspects each night, with young artists from Columbus Dance Theater being featured on Friday and a performance by Alfred Dove of The Dove Arts on Saturday. Other artists from the Columbus area, such as Tim Veach from Columbus Dance Theatre, will be in the audience Saturday night and will be available for conversation during intermission.

“I think students should be willing to branch out and explore all avenues of artistic experiences. Dance is an art form that engages one physically, intellectually and emotionally,” Isabelle said in an e-mail.

“I am very excited to share my work at Sullivant Hall and to let the current students see my work while extending my thanks to a creative environment that has supported my development as a choreographer and dance artist in Columbus.”

Reserved seats are $21 and are available by calling the OSU Department of Theatre Box Office or by going online at ticketmaster.com. At the door, general admission is available for $14. Faculty and students can purchase tickets for $7.