Ohio State students, faculty and staff can now refill prescriptions online through the Wilce Student Health Center.

The prescription refill system was posted online in September. This service is expected to make life easier for students who currently travel to off-campus pharmacies for prescription refills.

To begin using this service with the Student Health Services’ pharmacy, all eligible OSU students, faculty and staff must bring in their original prescription. All subsequent prescriptions can be refilled online.

Prescriptions will be filled in a timely manner, said John Ford, associate director of the Wilce Student Health Center.

“Generally, online refill requests made during business hours will be
ready for pickup within an hour,” Ford said. “Refill requests made after hours will be available the next business day.”

Students are pleased to have this new service available.

“I think that is great to have a pharmacy on campus that has an online service,” said Lauren Ferguson, a third-year in economics. “I go to the Student Health Center a lot, so this will save me time that I would have spent driving to an off-campus pharmacy.”

The pharmacy will not be able to match the $4 prescription price offered by retailers Giant Eagle, Kroger and CVS. However, it will reduce the overflow of patients seeking immediate assistance for illnesses such as H1N1.

Ford believes this online system will bring revenue to the on-campus pharmacy.

“Although our main focus for providing this option is the convenience of our current students or patients, it may enhance our business,” he said.

The pharmacy is located on the first floor of the Student Health Center, directly to the right of the main entrance.
Student Health Services’ Pharmacy participates with most Pharmacy Prescription Drug Benefit Programs.

To verify participation with your personal prescription plan, call the pharmacy at (614) 292-0125.

To fill a previous prescription, visit shs.osu.edu.

In addition to the online prescription refill system, Wilce plans to start an online appointment scheduling system beginning in Winter Quarter, 2010.