It won’t be a silent night when the Columbus Symphony presents “Holiday Pops” Dec. 4 through 6 at the Ohio Theatre.

Ralph Jenkins, director of the chorus, has been on the podium for the 26-year run of the show.

“This is kind of the symphony’s gift to the community, because in addition to featuring the Columbus Symphony, we also partner with a number of other organizations in town,” said Susan Rosenstock, general manager of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra.

Performing with the symphony is Concert Master Charles Weatherbee, the Columbus Children’s Choir, children from BalletMet and Linda Dorff, the narrator. Also performing will be a number of dancers affiliated with Wright State University.

The performance lasts roughly two hours, including the intermission, and will feature at least 15 holiday pieces. It opens with “Holiday Pops Overture,” which was written specifically for this event by Craig Courtney, a local composer.

Other features include composed works of Handel and Vivaldi, along with several lighter pieces such as “Deck the Halls.”

The second half will begin with an audience sing along to “O Come, All Ye Faithful,” “The First Noel” and “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!” according to the Columbus Symphony’s press release.

“It’s really a very festive show that keeps the audience engaged the entire time,” Rosenstock said.

About 65 musicians make up the symphony.

The chorus has almost 120 singers and the Columbus Children’s Choir will add another 40 to 50 voices.

With so many holiday concerts in Columbus, it is easy for an event to get lost in the mix. However, the Columbus Symphony wants “Holiday Pops” to compete in a league of its own.

“This is the only show that involves a large symphony orchestra as well as a number of choruses,” Rosenstock said. It also combines dance as an important visual element, she said.

The performances are Dec. 4 at 8 p.m., Dec. 5 at 3 and 8 p.m., and Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. Tickets start at $18 and can be purchased online at columbussymphony.com or at the Columbus Symphony ticket office, 614-228-8600.