Ohio State won’t have to revamp its entire defensive line. Junior Cameron Heyward announced his decision Tuesday to remain at OSU for his senior year.

“I am excited about next season and am looking forward to being one of the senior leaders of our team,” Heyward said through a press release. “I sat down and talked at length with my family about my situation, and they totally support my decision. I’ve been blessed to this point. I am just having fun being a college student.”

Despite being a central part of a team that won the Rose Bowl, Heyward declared his intentions to help the Buckeyes reach higher goals during his senior campaign.

“I want to help our team achieve the goals of winning another Big Ten title and possibly accomplishing a national championship,” he said. “If I could win some recognition, that would be great as well. I think I can be a leader for our team, and I know another season will help me become a better player.”

Heyward said he wants to follow in the footsteps of the current departing seniors, who paved the way for a young OSU squad to win 11 games.

“I learned a lot from seniors like Doug (Worthington) and Kurt (Coleman) and all they were able to accomplish during their senior year,” he said. “I would love to be a part of Buckeye tradition like that. I think the upside is very positive.”

Heyward paced the Buckeyes with 7.5 sacks during his junior year, and had 11 tackles for loss.

Cornerback Chimdi Chekwa will return to Ohio State for his senior season, he announced through a press release Tuesday.

“I am not ready to leave Ohio State,” he said. “I am looking forward to my senior season. I prayed about this decision and talked about it with my parents, and I know this is the right decision for me.”

Chekwa expressed his excitement for the high expectations the Buckeyes will carry into next season.

“I will graduate next fall, and I am looking forward to being a leader on what can be a very special defense for the Buckeyes,” he said. “After the Rose Bowl win, we are working toward accomplishing more great things, including another Big Ten title and a run at the national championship.”

Chekwa has recorded 103 tackles in his three-year career and led the Buckeyes with seven pass break-ups during his junior season. He also nabbed one interception.