Two Ohio State students were robbed at gunpoint south of campus at 11:14 p.m. Monday.

The 18-year-old students, one male and one female, were getting out of a car near West Ninth and Hunter avenues when a man approached them from the side of a nearby house. The man drew a handgun and demanded the students’ property, and when the male refused, the robber pistol-whipped him in the forehead. The robber stole the woman’s cell phone and ran away.

Two witnesses attempted to stop the robber, but he threatened them with the handgun and ran away.

There are no listed suspects in the robbery.

Man banned from bar for giving love letter to employee

A man was banned from the Ugly Tuna Saloona bar in the South Campus Gateway after he gave a three-page love letter to a female employee on New Year’s Eve.

The female employee told police that the man had been a regular customer at the bar for a year, coming numerous times a week. He attempted to return to the bar later on New Year’s Eve but was turned away and has not returned since.

Two months later, ex still calls

A spurned boyfriend has been making harrassing phone calls and sending e-mails to his ex-girlfriend since she broke the relationship off two months ago, according to reports.

The man’s ex-girlfriend, a 21-year-old student at Ohio State, told police Monday that she has continued to receive phone calls from the man even after she had his phone number blocked. He has also left notes on her car, called her at work, left numerous messages on her Facebook account and has attempted to confront her at work.

The woman said she had hoped the calls would stop after two months, but because they haven’t she filed a report with police.

Compiled by Collin Binkley