Voice students from Ohio State’s School of Music will be performing selected works by Broadway composer Jason Robert Brown for a benefit concert Jan. 30 and 31 in Hughes Hall Auditorium.

The event, “Coming Together: An Evening of Music by Jason Robert Brown,” will be presented by the Young Musicians Charitable Organization, a student organization which gives money to local charities through benefit concerts.

The organization held its first concert last year, raising nearly $500 for Nationwide Children’s Hospital, said Amber D’Souza, YMCO adviser and second year medical student.

This year YMCO is striving to help smaller organizations around the campus area, YMCO president Alexandra Hovland said. All donations from the “Coming Together” concert will benefit the International Health Interest Group at Ohio State’s College of Medicine.

“[IHIG] helps fund opportunities for medical students to participate in medical mission work in developing countries over the summer,” D’Souza said. “The organization is involved in educating medical students [about] programs available as well as helping with funding, which is important given the costs of medical mission work.”

The concert will give students an opportunity to donate to IHIG and enjoy a musical theater performance.

YMCO members selected the works of composer Jason Robert Brown, including songs from his musicals “The Last Five Years,” “Songs for a New World” and “Parade,” which received a Tony Award for Best Original Musical Score.

“Even if they don’t know [Jason Robert Brown] by name, people have probably heard his songs before without knowing it,” said Gabriel Lopez, a fourth-year in vocal performance. “We chose his music because it is relatable; it speaks to everyday life. We wanted to make sure the music wasn’t just there to be heard but to be felt.”

Hovland said students will appreciate the show because the music is upbeat, modern and easily accessible.

Six students will perform the revue of Brown’s music. They have been rehearsing four days a week since the beginning of Winter Quarter.

“The performers are incredibly talented — [all] but myself are School of Music students that really excel as musicians and performers,” D’Souza said. “I really can’t see anyone coming to this show and not being blown away.”

Hovland said that students should see the show for the performance and for the cause, IHIG. YMCO is suggesting a $5 donation for admission.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity for students to give to other students and inevitably to the citizens of developing countries who need it most,” D’Souza said.

The concert will begin at 8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 30 and at 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 31 in Hughes Hall Auditorium.