Not even the frigid outdoor temperatures could cool off the Ohio State swimming and diving teams Sunday as both the men’s and women’s teams soundly defeated Wright State University.

The men’s team, ranked No. 12 in the nation, beat the Raiders 205-82 to improve to 5-0 on the season. Seniors Joel Elber and Daniel Malnik, along with sophomores Andrew Elliott and Lincoln Fahrbach, all of whom won two events apiece, paced the team to the comfortable victory.

Coach Bill Wadley was impressed with his squad’s showing and overall group commitment.

“It was a total team effort,” Wadley said. “A good meet overall, very good performance all around.”

Wadley was particularly pleased with the effort put forth by Elliott, who won his team-leading seventh and eighth dual meet victories by winning the 50 and 100 backstrokes.

“Andrew’s consistently a top performer,” Wadley said. “You can count on him every week.”

The Buckeyes were coming off of a month-long layoff, but showed no rust and cruised to the victory by winning all 14 events. Elber dashed to wins in the 50 and 100 freestyle events, Malnik won the 50 and 100 breaststroke, and Fahrbach took home the 50 and 100 butterfly.

The women’s team won 13 of 16 events and routed Wright State by a score of 191.5-102.5 to move to 4-0 on the season. Juniors Sam Cheverton and Anita Beck, each of whom won two events, led the No. 30 ranked Buckeyes. Cheverton said the team was in a different mindset coming off a victory Saturday at Toledo.

“It was a good meet, it was more relaxed, people swam different events,” Cheverton said. “Every meet you prepare differently for and this was a good meet to get us ready for the conference meets.

Coach Bill Dorenkott appreciated his team’s effort after the Buckeyes swam and traveled Saturday.

“We had a great week of training and we’ve really shifted gears with our focus,” Dorenkott said. “This meet gave us a good gauge for our training cycle and we’re beginning to bring our intensity to the highest point.”

Sophomore Catherine Eitel won the 50 breaststroke and freshman Shannon Draves captured the 50 butterfly to help the Buckeyes coast to the easy win.

“Cheverton, Eitel, Draves and a handful of others have been consistent all year long,” Dorenkott said. “They haven’t broken down.”