A man broke the front window of Buckeye Donuts on North High Street early Friday morning, the store’s manager reported to police.

According to the report, the man told the store owner that he didn’t mean to crack the glass and that he was just trying to get the attention of his friends inside the store. The manager called the police to file a report, but said he wanted to give the man the chance to pay for the window. However, while an officer from Columbus Police was driving the man home, the alleged window-breaker said that he didn’t break the glass and that it was already cracked when he knocked on it.

The manager of Buckeye Donuts said he will take the case to court if the man does not pay.

Student cited for public urination

An Ohio State student was cited when police found him intoxicated and urinating on a busy sidewalk early Saturday morning.

According to reports, William R. Maddox III, 18, was urinating at the corner of East Lane and Indianola avenues at 12:01 a.m. when police found him.

Police: Man assaulted officer

A Toledo resident was arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer who was breaking up a fight Saturday morning near W.G. Grinders on the 1600 block of North High Street.

Jonathon F. McQuery, 21, was arrested at 2:41 a.m. when he allegedly pushed a Columbus Police officer to the ground. The officer reported he was knocked down while he was attempting to break up a fight. McQuery was charged with assaulting a peace officer.

Student burgled of $4,350

Someone stole more than $4,000 in property from a student’s home on the 200 block of East Lane Avenue between Thursday morning and early Saturday morning.

The student reported that someone entered his house and stole a laptop computer, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and iPod, among other items, totaling $4,350. It is unknown who stole the property or how they entered the home.

Compiled by Collin Binkley