Catcher Dan Burkhart was named to the 2010 Johnny Bench Award watch list. The award is given to the nation’s top collegiate catcher. Burkhart was the Big Ten Conference Player of the Year last season. He batted .354 last season and had 62 RBI. Burkhart has started hot this season, batting .435. He has thrown out 36 percent of attempted base stealers in his career.

Freshman Amy Meier was named Big Ten Golfer of the Week this week after finishing in a tie for seventh at the Kinderlou Forest Challenge. She shot a 79 in the first round and a 70 in the second round, tying for the lowest score. Meier’s scores led the Buckeyes to finish as runner-ups in the 18-team field, which encompassed 11 top 30 teams. Meier is the first Buckeye to earn any weekly honor this season.

Women’s volleyball recruit Kaitlyn Leary was named to the Sports Imports/Volleyball Magazine Girls Fab 50. The two-time state champion comes to Ohio State from Padua Franciscan High School in Parma, Ohio. The 6-foot-1 outside hitter was first-team All-State in 2008 and 2009. She has trained and competed with the U.S. Girls’ Youth National Training Team for two years in preparation for the competition in the Big Ten. Leary joins the Buckeye roster as the sixth player on the Fab 50 list.