The Reds gave up 47 runs in six games against West-coast teams this week, and still managed to win three of them.

The Reds ended a five-game losing streak with an 11-9 win at home against the Dodgers Tuesday night. It was yet another win in their last at bat, the fashion in which they had won all six of their games up to that point.

The Reds dropped the second game in the series with a sluggish 14-6 loss, but Mike Leake continued his impressive start to his rookie season in becoming the first pitcher in the Reds’ rotation to record a win this season in an 8-5 series-clinching victory.

The Padres then came to town, and Adrian Gonzalez hit a home run in all three games as San Diego won the first two games of the series. However, late game heroics by Jay Bruce and Ramon Hernandez allowed the Reds to win the last game in the series 5-4, again in their last at bat.

Studs: Mike Leake. The Reds’ rookie right-hander is the only starting pitcher to record a win thus far, and is batting .429 (In just seven at-bats).

Duds: Aaron Harang. A lot of the pitchers in the rotation are deserving, but the player once considered the “ace” of the ball club has gone 0-3 in four starts with an 8.31 ERA this season.

Next Week:
The Reds are off Monday, but then embark on a six-game divisional road trip as they will open a series with the Astros on Tuesday, followed by a series with the Cardinals on Friday.