Cleveland’s own Bone Thugs-n-Harmony returns to its original lineup after member Flesh-N-Bone’s 10-year incarceration. “Uni-5: The World’s Enemy” represents the group’s return to a quintet after Flesh’s prison time and conflict led to Bizzy Bone leaving the group.

Despite the infighting between group members over the past decade, flow and harmony between individual members is the Bone Thugs’ best attribute. All of the album’s best songs incorporate R&B backing vocals into the hooks and the group tends toward jingling piano lines rather than bass-driven dance beats.

Vocally, the Bone Thugs are on top of their game, particularly Bizzy Bone upon his return. Bizzy’s verse in the single “Rebirth” is the album’s best moment, highlighting his particularly quick delivery.

A tiresome aspect of the album is the near constant self-comparisons to Jesus Christ. Three whole tracks are merely unnecessary interludes dedicated to defining what it means to be “the world’s enemy.” One such interlude uses the phrase “Christ-like” to describe “the world’s enemy,” and therefore, themselves. The rest of the album is filled with resurrection references and other biblical matters.

On the whole, the album shows that Bone Thugs-n-Harmony did not lose any steps during their extended parting of ways. Less metaphorical fare should make for an impressive next album.