Women’s volleyball (12-1, 0-0)

With only one loss, to then-No. 16-ranked Kentucky, the Buckeyes prepare for their Big Ten weekend opener against Wisconsin on Friday and Illinois on Saturday.

Anna Szerszen earned most valuable player honors at the Owl Invitational for defeating Presbyterian (3-0), Coastal Carolina (3-1) and Kennesaw State (3-0).

Men’s cross country 

The Buckeyes took a first-place finish after five runners placed in the Top 10 at the 6.4K Appalachian State Mountaineer Open.

No. 1 runner Taylor Williams sat out, but the team ran in a pack to take the season opener.

Top 10 finishers included Chad Balyo, Adam Green, Donny Roys, Julian Meyer and Cory Leslie.

“Overall, we’re off to a good start,” coach Robert Gary said. “More importantly, we are way ahead of where we were last season from a conditioning standpoint.”

Women’s cross country

After 10 days of training in the mountains, Ohio State took the top four spots at the 5K Mountaineer Open in the State Farm Fields of Boone, N.C., and placed five runners in the Top 10.

Jordan Jennewine did not compete but is expected to return to full health at the All-Ohio Championships Friday, Oct. 1.

Field hockey (6-2, 0-0)

The No. 10 Buckeyes set a program record by defeating the No. 9 Duke Blue Devils in back-to-back seasons following a 3-1 victory.

Junior Aisling Coyle leads the team with 17 points and has scored in all eight games this season.

Men’s golf

The season-opening Marshall Invitational proved to be no obstacle for the men’s golf team.

Earning a first-place finish, the Buckeyes set a tournament record for lowest 18-hole team score with an 11-under 273 after the first round and set the team 54-hole record 820, 32 under par.

“Any time you win, it’s something to build on,” coach Donnie Darr said. “We are building momentum and really starting to believe in ourselves.”

Women’s golf

The women’s golf team took home a second-place trophy at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational.

Sophomore Rachel Rohanna finished 7-under 212, one stroke behind first place finisher Erica Omlid of the Oregon Ducks. Rohanna set two career records, lowest round (69) and lowest 54-hole score (212).

Men’s soccer (4-2-0, 0-0-0)

The Buckeyes have four wins under their belt after defeating College of Charleston, Buffalo, Binghamton and Bucknell.

Falling to USF and Florida Gulf Coast, the Buckeyes look to knock off Big Ten foe Michigan in the first Big Ten matchup on Saturday.

Senior midfielder Konrad Warzycha earned national accolades early in the season for leading the Buckeyes to four consecutive wins. TopDrawerSoccer.com named Warzycha to the national team of the week following the 2-1 Bucknell win.

Women’s soccer (6-2-1, 0-0-0)

The Buckeyes suffered a 1-0 loss to No. 19 Arizona State after giving up the game’s lone goal in the first half.

Junior Caitlyn Martin earned Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week for scoring both goals in the 2-0 win over Cleveland State on Sept. 8.