The Ohio Statehouse will host the second Capitol Artists Fair Wednesday, featuring artists from across the state.

The fair will feature 24 artists and vendors selling a variety of items, ranging from jewelry to art prints, as well as Ohio-made foods and products.

“We wanted a way to showcase Ohio artists,” said Becky Wildman, coordinator of the fair and manager of the museum shop in the Statehouse.

Wildman said for Ohio State students, “It’s a great place to start their Christmas shopping.”

Artists at the fair include Claudia Carreón, a second-year fair participant and metals artist from Hilliard.

“You’re gonna find unique items there,” Carreón said.

She has been working with metals for 12 years and has won awards for her work with metal and jewelry-making. She sells “one-of-a-kind copper, brass and silver items, which include jewelry and purses,” she said.

OSU alumnus Paul Palnik, a cartoonist, will also be at the fair.

Some of Palnik’s original cartoons are on display at the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum and his cartoon gallery in the Short North.

This will be Palnik’s first year participating in the fair.

Another event feature will be a display from Columbus’ Ohioana Library.

“Ohioana will be featuring a book display based around the ‘Choose to Read Ohio’ program,” said Beth Poley, the program coordinator for the Ohioana Library.

The program spotlights Ohio authors and provides information to help make the books adaptable for community programs, schools, book clubs and more, Poley said. “It’s like a statewide book club.”

Poley said the Ohioana Library has been around for just more than 80 years, catalogs books strictly about Ohio and by Ohio authors, and includes about 46,000 volumes.

Wildman said the fair exposes people to Ohio products, helps support Ohio businesses and promotes Ohio food and wines.

The fair will also include food samples from Ohio Proud, a group that promotes Ohio wares, throughout the duration of the event, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and a free Ohio wines tasting for the last hour-and-a-half.

The event is free and will take place on the ground floor of the Ohio Statehouse.

“Last year,” Wildman said. “We had probably about 1,000 people throughout the day.”