If you are struggling to shop for the woman in your life, these ideas could save you from headaches this holiday season.

There are some things you need to know before you drive to the mall and start shopping.

First, know her favorite color. Second, know her sizes. If you don’t, make the call to her mom or best friend. They will know.

Third, pay attention when she says, “Oh, I like that.” Remembering those four little words makes all the difference when it comes to gift shopping.

If your girlfriend, little sister, mom or grandmother likes things that smell good, then Bath and Body Works is the place for you.

There are plenty of pre-packaged gift sets in all kinds of smells that make great gifts. “Twilight Woods” and “Secret Wonderland” are popular smells this season at Bath and Body Works. Prices start at $10 and go up.

And remember, if it smells bad to you, don’t buy it.

For your little sisters, nieces or cousins, Pocketbacs are small hand sanitizer bottles that can clip to a backpack or purse. Bath and Body Works’ has a big selection of sanitizer scents, from fruity to floral.

Victoria’s Secret also has gift sets of scents that start at $15.

If the ladies in your life enjoy pajamas and comfortable clothes, Victoria’s Secret has pajama gift sets, which come with a free pair of slippers. Sets come in many patterns, colors and sizes.

The PINK collection from Victoria’s Secret is also popular for college-aged girls. The collection includes yoga pants, hoodies and T-shirts. Prices start around $25.

If your girlfriend is a fashionista, American Eagle has plenty of options to satisfy her stylish side. Flannel shirts, fleece jackets and skinny jeans are very popular this season. Jeans start at $39.50. Sweaters start around $25, and embellished camisoles start at $20.

Shoes are also a popular gift item for women. The Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) is a good place to find brand name shoes for low prices. But remember to get the size of her shoe first.

If the women in your life are into electronics and you’re willing to shell out extra cash, go to Best Buy.

A 32GB iPod Touch starts at $299, and iTunes gift cards are good if she already has an iPod.

If she likes to take pictures to post on Facebook, Best Buy has a sale on Canon Powershot cameras.

For the readers on your gift list, a Barnes and Noble NOOK WiFi eReader comes in black or white, and prices start at $149. Or find out her favorite author and buy a book as a thoughtful gift.

Finally, if the woman you’re shopping for loves things that sparkle, anything will work. But J.B. Robinson and Kay Jewelers have a line by Jane Seymour called the “Open Hearts Collection.”

The line offers earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets and watches in sterling silver or white gold, and come with or without diamonds.

Rings, earrings and necklaces start at $50. Bracelets start at $130. Watches are a bit more expensive, starting at $200.

Gift cards are an easy way to let her get whatever she wants. But don’t rely on them because they are impersonal.

If you’re still struggling to pick out the perfect gift for your girlfriend, mom or little sister, just ask her what she wants. That’s easier than wandering aimlessly around the mall for hours.