After the Ohio State women’s track and field team won the first Big Ten Indoor Championship in program history this weekend, the conference on Tuesday awarded several Buckeyes some of its most prestigious honors.

Ohio State junior Christina Manning and coach Karen Dennis were named Athlete of the Year and Coach of the Year, respectively.

Dennis said Manning’s performance at the Big Ten Championships last weekend showed the caliber of athlete she is.

“She’s had an amazing season,” Dennis said. “She’s really proven herself to be an elite sprinter/hurdler, and I think the honor is well-deserved.”

Manning and fellow junior Madison McNary were voted first-team All-Big Ten. Junior Kelcey McKinney and seniors Alana Gray and Letecia Wright made second-team All-Big Ten.

Dennis said the honors her Buckeyes received showed how well they work together to achieve a common goal.

“Our team theme this year has been ‘together’ because we don’t have any one person carrying this team,” Dennis said. “We knew in the beginning it would take a collective effort of everyone’s talents, and these awards are indicative of who we are as a team and what we wanted to accomplish together.”

OSU was able to capture the Big Ten Indoor Championships on Sunday in dominating fashion. The Buckeyes won the competition with a total of 122.50 points with Penn State coming in second, scoring 86 points.

At the championships, Manning captured a conference title in the 60-meter hurdles and had second-place finishes in the 60- and 200-meter dashes, en route to becoming Athlete of the Championships.

Dennis said she’s proud to have been named Coach of the Year but that she could not have achieved it without some help.

“It’s an honor to be recognized by my peers, but I’m not the only one that should be recognized for this team doing so well,” Dennis said. “It’s wonderful. I’m humbled by it and I think it’s a wonderful thing, but at the same time I think there should be a staff recognition. I think we should have a Big Ten Staff of the Year.”