“It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M, just put your paws up ‘cause you were born this way, baby.”

Mini speech and a pounding disco beat opens up the much-anticipated “Born This Way,” the latest song from pop star Lady Gaga. It’s similar to “Dance in the Dark” off “The Fame Monster,” but more light-hearted. The song straddles the line between a homage to Madonna’s “Express Yourself” and a complete rip-off.

The lyrics are meant to be inspirational and they’re straightforward, calling out all minority groups and telling them they were “born to be brave.” Gaga’s use of the words “chola” and “Orient” have already garnered some criticism, which she has yet to respond to. Despite the possibly offensive choice of words, the up-tempo beat makes the song a ringer for a club anthem. It has a ‘90s vibe and Gaga’s use of the “talk-singing” technique makes that even more obvious.

The song could be the first Billboard No. 1 that has the word “transgendered” in it. Gaga has always been an advocate for the gay community and this song is essentially her gift to them and all the other minority groups she mentions.

Gaga’s latest went on sale on iTunes Friday at 9 a.m. and made digital music history by becoming No. 1 in all 23 iTunes countries in one day — the first song ever to do so, according to gagadaily.com . The song also broke the radio record for the most first-day spins on U.S. radiio, according to Nielsen.. It was played 1,838 times on Friday, surpassing Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me,” which previously held the record.