Home » A+E » Events » Seinfeld’ namesake to bring act to Ohio Theatre

Seinfeld’ namesake to bring act to Ohio Theatre

Courtesy of MCT

The man behind one of television’s most popular sitcoms is coming to Columbus.

Jerry Seinfeld — who created, wrote, produced and starred in the hit show “Seinfeld,” which magazine TV Guide ranked the best show of all time in 2002 — will bring his stand-up tour to the Ohio Theatre April 8.

Seinfeld last stopped in Columbus in 2009 at the Palace Theatre. His current tour also stopped at the Stranahan Theater in Toledo on Friday.

When “Seinfeld” wrapped up in 1998, Seinfeld returned to stand-up and went on tour. His post-“Seinfeld” touring was the basis of the 2002 documentary, “Comedian.”

Seinfeld’s tours generally garner favorable reviews. The Orlando Sentinel said “there are still a lot of laughs to be found in the foibles of humanity, from children’s parties to golf to BlackBerrys,” after reviewing his stop in Orlando in November.

Seinfeld also uses “impeccable rhythm and melodious observations of life to make his own kind of music,” according to an April 5, 2009, review from the Austin American-Statesman in Austin, Texas.

Apart from touring, Seinfeld also recently appeared in the 2007 animated film, “Bee Movie,” as well as in a “Seinfeld” reunion episode on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” Seinfeld also produces and stars in the NBC reality show “The Marriage Ref,” and is directing a Broadway show titled “Long Story Short.”

Interview requests with Seinfeld’s touring company, JS Touring, LLC, and a representative from the Ohio Theatre were not immediately returned.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Feb. 18 at 10 a.m. and are available through Ticketmaster or the Ohio Theatre box office. Ticket prices start at $46 on Ticketmaster.com.