Sophomores Dominique Alexander and Logan Schuss each scored goals within the first 3:46 of the No. 13/16-ranked Ohio State men’s lacrosse team’s 11-7 victory Tuesday against Lehigh.

That wouldn’t be the last time the duo found the back of the net as both Alexander and Schuss finished the game with hat tricks for the Buckeyes (5-1).

“Offensively we were organized a lot better than we have been,” Alexander said. “We’re not relying on our coaches to be calling signals. … We were just really organized as a team.”

Leading 5-4 at halftime, OSU was able to outscore the Mountain Hawks 4-1 in the third quarter, changing the momentum of the game, OSU coach Nick Myers said.

“Coming out of the half we just felt like offensively we were doing some good things,” Myers said. “We needed to do a better job of putting the ball on cage, and really just a couple ground balls cost us the goals that they scored.”

Leading the way for the Buckeyes were Schuss, with three goals and three assists, sophomore attackman Jeff Tundo, who had two goals and two assists, and Alexander.

Alexander’s performance was somewhat of a breakout for the midfielder, who had been struggling to find his shot this season.

“As you guys probably know I went 0 for 12 last Saturday against Penn State,” Alexander said with a smile. “This week I really just wanted to focus on putting the ball on net. We knew the goalie wasn’t that strong going down low, so I put a couple of my shots down low.”

Lehigh brought physicality to the field that the Buckeyes might not have seen before, but Schuss said the team was well-prepared for the Mountain Hawks’ style of play.

“We knew all week that this was a physical team; we saw it on film,” Schuss said. “You know, everyone likes a physical game. It gets the crowd into it, gets the benches into it, so we like it.”

The Buckeyes now turn their attention to a trio of very tough road games that include Albany, No. 2 Virginia and No. 3 Notre Dame.

Myers said although the matchups with the Cavaliers and Fighting Irish are in sight, the team cannot overlook its next opponent: Albany.

“We’re going to focus on Albany first and foremost,” Myers said. “I think any time you go on the road you understand the challenges. We were able to get one road win and it was a battle.”

The Buckeyes lone road win on the season came Saturday against Penn State, 6-5, in triple overtime.

“This team is still growing,” Myers said. “We’re still figuring out kind of our identity in terms of exactly who we are. But I think we’ve taken big steps this season, and I think in order to be successful on the road you’re going to have to take more steps.”

OSU’s next game is against Albany at noon Saturday in Albany, N.Y.