Customers rarely walk into a store expecting to walk out with an item for the price it reads on the tag. However, tomorrow at WiredOut, Ohio State’s official tech store, the listed price is what customers can expect to pay.

For those with a valid BuckID or OSU Medical Center ID, WiredOut is offering “Tax Free Friday” on most Apple products.

WiredOut and the Wexner Center Store are the only two locations with tax-free products from Apple available.

The only products excluded from this promotion are the iPad 2 and iPad 2 accessories, said Chris Helman, assistant manager of WiredOut.

A regular 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop with Apple’s student academic discount and tax costs about $1,173. On Friday, it can be purchased for $1,099.

Although it might not seem like much, for students on a tight budget, that $74 could purchase school supplies, groceries or a tank of gas.

Helman said only one of each Apple product may be purchased.

He declined to comment about who eventually pays the sales tax.

Apple and WiredOut have already had two tax-free days and they were two of the busiest days of the year, Helman said.

No other brands have had a promotion like this at WiredOut.

“I expect the lines to be out the door,” said Madgenith Rivera, a second-year in human nutrition and sales associate at the Wexner Center Store. “I think our most popular product will probably be MacBooks.”

Some students feel that WiredOut could do a better job letting them know when these promotions are going on.

“I literally got it (a new MacBook Pro) at the beginning of Spring Quarter,” said Melissa Kellams, a second-year in public affairs. “If I had known (about the promotion) I think I would’ve waited to buy it.”

Despite having bought her computer already, Kellams said she might stop in to buy a few accessories.