Almost six months to the day after rallying for national sanity, Jon Stewart, of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” will be performing a night of stand-up comedy at the Palace Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Friday.

Winner of two Peabody Awards, 13 Emmy Awards and a Grammy, Stewart and his fellow “Daily Show” writers have become critics of biased media and partisan government.

While the show at the Palace Theatre won’t be like “The Daily Show,” a representative for promoter AEG Live, who declined to provide their name, said Stewart will be performing his stand-up comedy routine.

Stewart and his show succeed because of how it meshes politics and satire, said Robert Thompson, director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture at Syracuse University.

“The main thing about the ‘Daily Show’ is that they have great writers who do serious political analysis and bring together great satire,” he said. “The way they mash together political leaders’ words, we wish we could see work like that on national news networks like CNN.”

Stewart is no stranger to stand-up comedy, having performed for years on the New York City club circuit.

“He’s very knowledgeable about what’s going on and he’s able to put a humorous twist on it,” said Brent Parys, a third-year in finance.

Stewart showed off his comedy chops on the National Mall on Oct. 30, 2010, at his Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.

“His call to sanity and rational thought is veiled with satirical humor, but his message is still very valuable,” said Jason Tagliarina, a first-year in psychology.

About 215,000 people attended the rally, according to CBS News, illustrating Stewart’s widespread appeal. Thompson said Stewart holds so much influence because his reputation is built on politics.

Attempts to reach Stewart for comment were unsuccessful.

Tickets are on sale now and run from $58.95 to $69.20.