45 p.m. Sunday due to light smoke from a fuse panel in a maintenance room on the fifth floor.
Students were evacuated from the Science and Engineering Library at about 10 p.m. Sunday after the fire alarm went off.
Lieutenant Young from Ladder 13 of the Columbus Division of Fire said fuses on the fifth floor burned out, causing light smoke and fuse panel damage which set the alarm off.
Christopher Ramke, a third-year in biology, was one of the many students standing outside the SEL after the alarm sounded.
“I was in the basement when the alarm went off,” Ramke said. “Everyone froze for about 10 seconds and looked at each other, and then i thought, ‘I’m getting out of here,’ and people followed.”
Students waited outside for about 25 minutes while firefighters cleared the building for re-entry .
Joe Podelco contributed to this story.