Cameron Heyward, Chimdi Chekwa, Jermale Hines, Brian Rolle and Ross Homan were selected over the weekend in the 2011 NFL draft.

Heyward, taken Thursday in the first round, was the only Buckeye chosen before the last four rounds Saturday.

The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Heyward with the 31st overall pick. He will join Will Allen, the only former Buckeye on the Steelers’ roster, and will look to improve on the already-top-notch defensive reputation of the Steelers. Former Ohio State defensive back and current defensive coordinator of the Steelers, Dick LeBeau, spoke about the Steelers’ first-round pick.

“I think he fits us; I think we fit him. We’ve got enough Michigan guys around here, it’s nice to add a couple of Buckeyes,” LeBeau said in a press conference after the draft.

Chekwa was the second former Buckeye drafted over the weekend. He went in the fourth round, No. 113 overall. Chekwa will start his career with the Oakland Raiders. Oakland starting cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is an unrestricted free agent, potentially creating an opportunity for someone to step up and fill his shoes.

Hines was the next OSU player drafted, taken by the Rams in the fifth round, No. 158 overall. The defensive back will join former Buckeye linebacker James Laurinaitis in St. Louis.

Rolle was drafted by the Eagles in the sixth round with the 193rd pick overall. He will join former Buckeye Kurt Coleman and the rest of the 2010 NFC East champions in Philadelphia next season.

Homan was the last former Buckeye drafted in 2011. He was drafted by the Vikings in the sixth round with the 200th overall pick. He will join Antoine Winfield, the only former Buckeye on the Vikings’ roster, in Minnesota for the 2011 season.