The death of Osama bin Laden happened at a very convenient time for President Barack Obama.

Recently, there has been debate over Obama’s birthplace, gas prices are soaring to more than $4 a gallon and his approval rating recently was down to 43 percent, according to the Gallup poll, compared to his 67 percent approval rating in January of 2009.

And now the U.S. has killed one of the most dangerous men in the world, the mastermind behind the 9/11 massacre.

Obama said in his address to the nation that this was “the most significant achievement to date in our nation’s efforts to defeat al-Qaida.”

This was great timing for Obama, and I commend him for finishing what former President George W. Bush started, even though the latter was heavily criticized.

The death of this terrible man, bin Laden, has brought our country together and seems to have unified the Democratic and Republican Parties for the time being.

However, I fear this gives approval to a president who, in my opinion, has done less than an adequate job thus far other than to recently restore morale.

As of April 2011, Gallup polls show that 55 percent of Americans still believe we are in a recession or depression.

This is more than half of Americans who believe our economy is still severely struggling. The unemployment rate is 8.8 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

I don’t think morale trumps the current state of our country here at home.

Yes, it is a time of celebration. Yes, I am extremely happy the families of 9/11 have received some solace from this terrible man finally meeting his demise. And yes, I think it’s great our country is unified for the time being.

But I don’t think Obama should be re-elected in 2012.

The Associated Press reported that bin Laden’s body has been buried at sea. Convenient as well? This burial was performed to uphold Islamic tradition, and the U.S. decided to perform this ritual.

I’m not sure why the U.S. decided it was necessary to properly bury the terrorist who is responsible for nearly 3,000 deaths on U.S. soil.

According to washingtontimes.com, in 2008 former CIA agent Robert Baer said, “Of course he is dead,” speaking of bin Laden.

There has also been speculation that bin Laden’s body has been kept on ice for the past decade or so. Radio host Alex Jones reported in 2002 that, according to a source, bin Laden’s death was waiting to be announced at the “most politically expedient” time.

However, take that with a grain of salt. There are many conspiracy theories; this just happens to be one circulating that coincides with the recent news of bin Laden’s death.

If you are going to praise Obama for this huge victory, then please praise former president Bush as well because, in my opinion, they have the same foreign policy, and the “War on Terror” originated with Bush.