During Terrelle Pryor’s Thursday return to the ESPN airwaves for the first time since a June 14 television appearance with agent Drew Rosenhaus, former Super Bowl champion coach and ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden critiqued Pryor’s ability and knowledge as a player, as well as his draft prospects.

Gruden also asked the quarterback about his feelings regarding memorabilia exchanges that resulted in a five-game suspension for the Buckeyes’ upcoming season, as well as Pryor’s June 7 announcement that he would not return to OSU for his senior year.

Pryor, who saw his former coach, Jim Tressel, resign from his post at OSU football amidst NCAA infraction allegations, said he was “disgusted” about leaving the university.

“It’s just a disaster,” Pryor said. “Especially losing a great coach to this university.”

As he prepares for the NFL supplemental draft, Pryor said he is focused on moving forward with his career.

“I still have a life I have to live,” Pryor said. “I’m just trying to get used to it and trying to move on. It’s over with. You don’t want to move back, I want to move forward.”

During the interview, Pryor admitted to forgetting the lyrics to both “Fight the Team Across the Field” and “Carmen Ohio,” traditional OSU songs, but Pryor still said he is sad to have left OSU.

“I wanted to stay,” he said. “I wanted to stay for four years and get my degree. It makes me sad, you know, the fact that I won’t be playing for (Ohio State) or these fans anymore.”

The hour-long ESPN special presentation ended with commentary from Gruden, who said Pryor could become a successful NFL quarterback.

“I do think at the end of the day, he’s remorseful,” Gruden said. “This guy’s got a chance to be an excellent football player.”

OSU will begin its upcoming season under new coach Luke Fickell on Sept. 3 at Ohio Stadium against the Akron Zips.