Braxton Miller should be the starting quarterback for Ohio State for the rest of the year.

Last week in Miami (Fla.), nothing could go right for OSU quarterbacks. This week, after getting the nod from head coach Luke Fickell, Miller shined in his first career collegiate start. Ohio State was able to overpower the visiting Buffaloes 37-17.

The disaster in Miami that led to OSU’s first loss of the season was a poor outing for OSU quarterbacks. Senior Joe Bauserman and freshman Miller combined for 35 yards through the air. In the entire game.

In Miami, neither Bauserman nor Miller completed a pass to a wide receiver or tight end. The only four completions came on screen passes or dump passes to running backs.

Against Colorado on Saturday, Miller played his game, played it well and proved that he should be the starter for the rest of the season.

No, Miller is not the most accurate passer. But after two weeks of Bauserman tossing the ball into the stands like it was a souvenir, it was Miller time. (Pun very much intended.)

Miller was shifty in the pocket, creative on his feet and was able to lead his team down the field effectively and often. While his passing stats were nothing to brag about, he ran for 83 yards on the ground. He created when there was nothing to work with.

Miller had only five completions on the day for 83 yards, but there were several balls in the hands of receivers that were inexplicably dropped. Many of Miller’s passes were rockets and on target. Others kind of made you scratch your head wondering if it was the same guy out there.

Without DeVier Posey, inexperience at wide receiver is still very evident.

However, he was able to convert through the air when he needed to. He found true-freshman wide receiver Devin Smith twice for touchdowns on the day. The first on a 32-yard pass over the middle to put the Buckeyes up 17-0. The second came on a 17-yard strike to the north end zone to put the Scarlet and Gray up 27-7.

Miller to Smith. You’ll be hearing that for a long time to come. Both true freshmen, both great athletes.

It is clear that Miller is the future of OSU football, and it was about time he got the chance to get in there. He was able to play some football without the coaches taking him out every other series.

Miller had a total of 166 yards of offense using both his arm and his legs.

In the end, Miller won that game controlling the ball, protecting the ball and solidifying his position as starting quarterback at OSU.