Two days after being named in a civil lawsuit for assault, battery and ethnic intimidation, Ohio State tailback Jaamal Berry was dressed for the OSU vs. Wisconsin game Saturday, Oct. 29.

Just one-week-and-one-day after his second alleged incident involving another individual in the past month, Berry was seen in uniform on the sidelines Saturday night. He was not arrested or charged with a crime in either incident.

The lawsuit is based on an incident that occurred Friday, Oct. 21, on Vine Street in the Arena District, involving Berry and the plaintiff. Police were called to the scene after the incident and the plaintiff alleges that Berry punched him and his friend after he was hit by a car.

OSU will not be providing legal assistance or representation for Berry. Jerry Emig, associate director of athletics communication, said this is because “(Ohio State) can do so only when a student-athlete’s eligibility is in question.”

Last week, athletic director Gene Smith said the athletic department is aware of the situation and that he has spoken with Berry.

“If Jaamal is charged, he will be suspended pending the outcome of the case,” Smith said.

On Thursday, Emig said that Berry will only be suspended if a criminal charge is in question.

“If he is charged with committing a criminal offense, he will be suspended from the team,” Emig said.

The Buckeyes are set to play Indiana in Ohio Stadium Saturday at noon.