Ohio State football’s Oct. 29 game against No. 4-ranked Wisconsin at Ohio Stadium is shaping up to be a memorable evening regardless of the final score.

The athletic department will attempt a “Scarlet Out” and is encouraging OSU supporters to don scarlet-colored clothes to the OSU Homecoming Game against the Badgers, according to an athletic department release.

“The Ohio State Department of Athletics is encouraging all fans to dress warm, but to dress scarlet to show your pride for the team and to display a unity that only 100,000-plus fans clad in scarlet can accomplish,” football team spokesman Jerry Emig said in an email.

Emig told The Lantern that this isn’t the first “Scarlet Out” in ‘Shoe history.

“The request to our fans (in previous years) would not have had a robust social media element which this promo will carry via Facebook, Twitter, etc.,” Emig said in an additional email.

Fans adorned in scarlet can also look forward to a ceremony in which a former OSU running back and Heisman Trophy winner is recognized.

Eddie George, who claimed the 1995 Heisman Trophy, is to be inducted into the college football Hall of Fame next summer and will be honored during halftime of the Buckeyes’ Homecoming Game.

George is the No. 2 on OSU’s all-time career rushing list with 3,768 yards and trailed only Archie Griffin after he finished his college career.

George isn’t the only former OSU success that will be honored that night either.

The current Buckeyes players will take the field in against Wisconsin wearing a special uniforms that pay homage to OSU’s 1961 national championship team.

In 1961, the Buckeyes posted an 8-0-1 record, defeated Michigan 50-20, claimed the Big Ten championship and were named national champs by the Football Writers.

The Nike uniform set features a scarlet top, gray pants and socks and a gray helmet with a red stripe down the middle. The helmets will also feature each player’s number on the side.

The Buckeyes will also be wearing a specially-designed glove as part of the uniform, but don’t expect to see the infamous Block “O” gloves return for the Wisconsin game.

During OSU’s Nov. 27, 2010, win against Michigan at the ‘Shoe, which was later vacated along with the entire 2010 season, the Buckeyes were assessed two penalties for holding up their hands and arranging them to show the Block “O.”

Campus-area stores are selling the Block “O” gloves, but Emig said the gloves worn by the players will be a different style.

This year’s gloves will feature a print that emulates the look of a Buckeye tree.

Jerseys, honorees and gloves aside, the on-field action will be the main attraction when the Buckeyes and Badgers battle for Leaders Division supremacy next week.

Wisconsin currently boasts a 6-0 overall record, a 2-0 record in the Big Ten and a 1-0 record in the division. OSU is 4-3 overall and 1-2 in the conference. The Buckeyes remain in contention for a berth to the inaugural Big Ten championship game thanks to a 17-7 win against fellow divisional foe and then-No. 16-ranked Illinois last Saturday in its Leaders Division opener.

Kickoff for the game against the Badgers is set for 8 p.m.