The Ohio State men’s soccer team needed more than 90 minutes to defeat Bowling Green, but the Buckeyes eventually got the job done.

Ten days after defeating Michigan in overtime, OSU took the Falcons to an extra session on Wednesday night and won, 1-0 on freshman midfielder Brady Wahl’s first career goal.

Wahl took a long throw-in from freshman midfielder Adam Gorski and buried it in the back of the net in the fourth minute of overtime to pull out the victory.

“We had that trailing run all night,” Wahl said. “We were bound to get one and we did. It was a good ball by Gorski.”

“Everytime we get one of those long throw-ins with Gorski you think we’re gonna get an opportunity out of it,” said head coach John Bluem. “It’s just dangerous. It doesn’t surprise me that, finally, a chance fell to one of our guys.”

The match showcased stellar performances by both teams’ goalkeepers.

OSU (7-4-1) junior keeper Matt Lampson had 5 saves, including a big stop with 20 seconds left in regulation. BGSU (7-3-1) redshirt senior keeper Miguel Roasales had 8 saves after replacing an injured Michael Wiest early in the first half.

The Buckeyes had two near misses in the first half of action, with the first coming in the 27th minute when a header into the net by junior midfielder Sebastian Rivas was disallowed by an offsides call.

Nine minutes later, a Gorski throw-in was headed by junior defender Ben Killian toward the goal but was defended by a BGSU player who appeared to be standing inside the goal when he knocked the ball away.

“I looked over at the linesman and he was just standing there,” Killian said. “It looked like it was a goal to me, but maybe he saw something I didn’t. At the end of the day, it is what it is.”

Bluem said he hasn’t seen the video yet, but it looked like a goal to him as well.

“We thought we had two goals in the first half,” Bluem said. “Didn’t get either one of them. But the guys at least kept after it.”

The Falcons had two big scoring opportunities, but were turned away each time by a Lampson punch at the ball that sent it over the crossbar.

“I think we did phenomenal,” Killian said. “We stayed tight, Lampson did a very good job back there communicating with us and overall it was just a good performance.”

Wahl said the team is looking forward and hopes to keep the victories coming for OSU.

“We needed to keep things going in the right direction, keep the wins going,” Wahl said. “So you can have a shot at that ring.”

Bluem said he was impressed by the Falcons’ performance and that his squad beat a quality team.

“Bowling Green is a good team, and the record that they have is no fluke,” he said. “They’ve got some good players and they’re very well organized and disciplined.”

The Buckeyes will look to remain unbeaten in conference play as they face Northwestern (4-4-3) Sunday, Oct. 9, at 2 p.m. at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.