Ohio State’s women’s soccer team posted an 0-2 record against Big Ten foes last weekend and, according to coach Lori Walker, the team’s performance was as poor as she’s ever seen.

The weekend started for the Buckeyes with a 1-0 home defeat to Iowa Friday. Then came a 3-2 loss to Nebraska Sunday afternoon at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

The Buckeyes (8-7-1, 3-4-1) have lost three matches in a row, with all of the defeats coming at the hands of conference foes.

Coach Lori Walker was noticeably frustrated by the team’s play this weekend.

“I think our team is playing about as poorly as I’ve ever seen us play,” Walker said.

After being held scoreless Friday, the Buckeyes showed more energy offensively Sunday, outshooting the Cornhuskers 26 shots to 14. Despite scoring two goals, Walker said the team is struggling most on the attack.

“I think that our inability to be dangerous in the final 25 yards of the field is absolutely crippling our confidence,” she said. “Although we found a couple of goals today, we are not consistently being dangerous in the last 25 yards.

“You can’t outshoot a team 26 to 14 and find a way to lose 3-2 unless your attack is in the crapper right now, and ours is.”

Trailing 3-1, senior defender Danielle Scoliere settled a loose ball in the box and finished from six yards out to bring the Buckeyes within a goal in the 81st minute. It was her first goal of the season.

The Buckeyes dug themselves into an early second half deficit, allowing a Nebraska goal in the 50th minute. The gap swelled to 3-1 in the 71st minute when OSU gave up a breakaway goal.

Junior forward Lauren Granberg tied the game in the 26th minute with her third goal of the season. After a deflected header attempt by senior forward Paige Maxwell, the ball landed in front of Granberg who finished into a wide open net level the score, 1-1.

OSU fell behind early when it conceded an own goal to the Huskers in the 11th minute.

October has not been kind to the Buckeyes, who are now 1-3-0 during the month.

The Buckeyes continue Big Ten play this week with two away matches. OSU will face Michigan Friday at 7 p.m. and Michigan State Sunday at 12 p.m.