Disney Channel’s cartoon series, “Phineas and Ferb,” is stepping out of the family-room television set and into theaters across America in the musical production, “Phineas and Ferb LIVE! On Tour.”

Phineas, Ferb, Buford, Candace, Perry the platypus, Dr. Doofenshmirtz and the rest of the cast are making a trip to the Palace Theatre on Friday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.

For Phineas and Ferb, summer break is the perfect time to start construing a plan and creating some outrageous inventions to try to make summer last forever. Actor Justin Kouns says the cast has been rehearsing for the opening in Columbus.

Kouns plays the role of Buford, the best-friend character in the production. Kouns said his journey to landing this role has been a learning experience.

“I grew up in Hilliard, Ohio, and went to Bishop Watterson High School,” Kouns said. “After high school, I went to Disney and started networking and auditioning. The experiences from Disney have been life-changing.”

While at Walt Disney World, Kouns became a dancer and performer in different shows and events in the parks. The opportunities that Kouns experienced at Disney landed him the role of Buford, he said.

“I auditioned several times, and each time they couldn’t seem to find the right role for me,” Kouns said. “Then one day they told me that they had the perfect role. This was it.”

Kouns feels that the role of Buford is a testament to his real-life personality, the tough guy and big brother. Kouns says he’s a “pretty nice guy” and wants to use those traits to convey the show’s message to the audience.

“The show is about being friendly, open and not judging anyone,” Kouns said. “The characters represent all stereotypes, and we work together to prove that we can all be friends.”

Even though this show airs on Disney Channel, Kouns said the show has a great college-student following because everyone can relate to the humor. After performing the show in a close proximity among several colleges, Kouns hopes Ohio State students take some time out of their day to go see the show for a night out on the town.

Carie Moran, a mother and a fourth-year in psychology, said the cartoon instills good comedy and trust, and creates family time.

“We would go, but once you start taking kids to shows, it’s hard to stop,” Moran said. “I watch the show with my kids because I trust the Disney Channel. It (Disney) is family-orientated and respectful of family values.”

However, Sarah Stapleton, a third-year in special education, said there isn’t enough time in the day to see the show.

“I just don’t have time to set aside to watch something everyday,” Stapleton said. “Let alone go out to a theater.”