The Ohio State men’s hockey team won its eight consecutive game Friday.

The No. 7-ranked Buckeyes beat No. 11 Lake Superior State 5-2, increasing their winning streak to eight games and unbeaten streak to 10 games.

With the win, OSU improved to 11-3-1 on the year, and moved into first place in the CCHA with a 8-2-1-1-conference record. LSSU falls to 10-5-2, 6-4-1-1 in the CCHA.

Senior forward Danny Dries scored twice, and sophomore forwards Chris Crane, Alex Lippincott and Alex Szczechura added goals as OSU went on to win the first game in a two-game set against the Lakers.

After almost two weeks off since their 6-5 win against then-No.7 Michigan on Nov. 19, the Buckeyes came out firing in the first period.

Lippincott scored from the right circle to give OSU a 1-0 lead at the 12:28 mark in the opening period. Following a slashing penalty by LSSU, the Buckeyes went on the power play, and Crane took advantage, scoring with 1:04 remaining in the first period off a pass from freshman forward Ryan Dzingel.

The Buckeyes outshot the Lakers 17-4 in the opening stanza and led 2-0 after twenty minutes of play.

Both teams went scoreless in the second period, but LSSU had multiple scoring opportunities in front of OSU’s net. Senior goalie Cal Heeter made multiple stops and finished the game with 29 saves.

Dries scored what turned out to be the game-winning goal at the 15:10 mark in the third period. Dries got the puck south of LSSU’s goal line, fired the puck off the Lakers’ goalie, and it bounced into the net, giving the Buckeyes a 3-0 lead five minutes into the final period.

LSSU responded with a power-play goal with 10:17 remaining. Freshman defenseman Kevin Czuczman got the puck in the left circle and put it into the top shelf, cutting OSU’s lead to two.

Szczechura scored at the 12:55 mark with an assist from sophomore defenseman Curtis Gedig increasing the lead to 4-1. LSSU would score again with 4:54 remaining, and pulled their goalie shortly after. Dries got the puck inside OSU’s blue line, and scored his second goal of the game on an empty net with 2:51 to play.

The Buckeyes and Lakers will play again at 8:05 on Saturday night at the Schottenstein Center..