After a year of head coaching under his belt, it seems that Ohio State coach Luke Fickell may be seeking another head coaching position.

Fickell has reportedly interviewed for the head coaching position at the University of Pittsburgh.

The coaching position at Pittsburgh became available Wednesday, when athletic director Steve Pederson announced that head coach Todd Graham had resigned from his post at Pittsburgh. Graham accepted the head coaching position at Arizona State University.

A spokesperson for Pittsburgh, Ernest Borghetti, told The Lantern that “it is our practice to not comment on ongoing coaching searches and potential candidates.”

Graham had been the coach at Pittsburgh for less than a year, where he accumulated a 6-6 record. Pittsburgh is scheduled to play Southern Methodist University in the Compass Bowl on Jan. 7.

Multiple reports confirmed that Fickell interviewed for the open position at Pittsburgh. Fickell had a scheduled media appearance at OSU Thursday, but did not show up because of what an OSU spokesperson called a “scheduling conflict.”

Representatives from OSU were not immediately available for comment on Friday.

Fickell took over as the interim coach at OSU after former head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign on May 30 after it was discovered that he knowingly played ineligible players.

Under Fickell, OSU went 6-6 on the season, and is scheduled to play the University of Florida on Jan. 2 in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.

OSU hired Urban Meyer to be head coach for the 2012 season, replacing Fickell. Meyer said that Fickell would be retained as a coach at a “significant position.”