New Ohio State football head coach Urban Meyer’s staff continued to take shape Thursday as the addition of Temple University wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator Zach Smith was announced.

Smith, who spent five years coaching under Meyer at Florida as a quality control assistant and a graduate assistant from 2005-2009, comes to OSU after helping lead the Owls to a 9-4 record in 2011 and a 35-17 win against Wyoming in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 17.

Smith oversaw a receiving unit that compiled 1,648 yards this past year. Two members of Temple’s special teams unit — junior punter Brandon McNamus and junior running back Matt Brown — received All-Mid-American Conference honors in 2011.

“Zach has done a terrific job as wide receivers coach at…Temple,” Meyer said in a press release. “I am really looking forward to having the opportunity to work with him again. Ohio State is going to benefit from his coaching and his abilities as a recruiter.”

A Dublin, Ohio, native and grandson of former Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce, Smith also served as wide receivers and special teams coach at Marshall during the 2010 season.

“It is really, really a dream come true,” Smith said in a press release. “I grew up watching Ohio State, my grandfather coached here and I always dreamt of doing it, too. Plus, I have an opportunity to work with coach Meyer again. I was able to spend five years on his staff at Florida, and now working with him again is another dream come true for me.”

Current OSU head coach Luke Fickell and his staff will remain in their positions through the Buckeyes’ Jan. 2 appearance in the 2012 Gator Bowl against Florida. Meyer’s staff will take over after.