As an “Arrested Development” fan, I’ve been let down before. I try not to get my hopes up, but generally I can’t help myself and get too excited for unconfirmed rumors and suspicions.

But not anymore, I hope, because now the entire cast has confirmed to do the series revival on Netflix, by one of the executive producers of the show, Dean Lorey.

Lorey said on his website the new season is happening, and with the full Bluth cast fans know and love.

“We’re really doing this thing. Mitch Hurwitz, Jim Vallely and I are off writing the new season of ARRESTED … The original cast is back. There are offices and parking spaces,” Lorey said in a post on his website Jan. 28.

Offices and parking seems like a pretty official thing, but as a fan of the Bluth family, I still hesitate to believe something will actually come of them. The show, which was canceled in 2006 after three seasons, has been rumored to come back in movie form since its cancellation.

In October, hope spread through the “Arrested Development” fan base. Writers and actors, such as Jason Bateman, confirmed the revival of what seems to be one of the most unappreciated series of our lifetime.

For months fans have held their breath for more news confirming the show will be continued, and now we can at least breathe a little easier because, according to various online sources, the whole cast will be part of this renewal.

I’m still not sold though.

I was a late arriver to the whole “Arrested Development” craze. I didn’t start watching it until after it had been canceled and the original seasons were put on Netflix, so to carry on the viewing tradition through the online movie provider will be natural.

Since its cancellation six years ago, a film adaptation of the series has been the focus of the rumor mill. There have been supposed scripts in the making and deals being hashed out, and yet nothing has come of it.

Lorey’s website continued to say that filming will begin this summer and the new season will air on Netflix in 2013.

I can’t help but get excited, but until it actually comes to fruition, I will keep my fingers crossed in anticipation.