Former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel has interviewed for the Indianapolis Colts’ head coaching job and will learn next week if he is hired, according to multiple reports.

Colts owner Jim Irsay has reportedly met to discuss the position twice with Tressel, who served as a game-day consultant for the team this past season.

From his Twitter account, @JimIrsay, Irsay tweeted Saturday at about 11 a.m.: “The #1 pick debate will rage on,what a great year to have it..the HC search is wide ranging n thorough,decision by mid 2 late next week.”

The Colts did not immediately respond to The Lantern‘s request for comment regarding the team’s head coaching position.

Tressel opted to postpone his term of employment with the Colts until Week 7 of the NFL season due to concerns about current and former OSU players who were suspended in both the NFL and NCAA.

In Tressel’s final game coaching the Buckeyes, he led the team to a 31-26 victory against Arkansas in the 2011 Sugar Bowl in the Louisiana Superdome. That game, along with the entire 2010 season, was later vacated by OSU as part of its self-imposed penalties for violating NCAA policies. Tressel resigned from his post with the Buckeyes on May 30.

This past season, the Colts posted an NFL-worst 2-14 record.