Bethenny Frankel, author of “A Place of Yes” and “Naturally Thin,” and the star of her own reality TV show, “Bethenny Ever After,” didn’t stop anything from flying out of her mouth. And the audience members were expecting it.

Frankel, who said she only leaves the house when contractually obliged, delivered. From food to drinks, from books to television, almost everything was on the table Thursday in the Ohio Union’s Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom to a nearly sold-out crowd. The event was organized by the Ohio Union Activities Board.

From describing how she would “call in fat for work” to a rant about how “most people are morons,” Frankel skirted the thin lines between funny, politically incorrect and wise.

The audience of mostly women seemed more than receptive to everything she had to say, especially her advice on life in general. Frankel challenged those in the room to “Be inspired. Be true to yourself. Be honest. And don’t take yourself too seriously.”

At least one member of the audience was moved to tears, saying during the question-and-answer session that “I have to preface this by saying you are my idol.” The room was full of people praising her strategies for success and healthy eating.

And one can’t forget Frankel’s line of Skinnygirl mixed alcoholic drinks.  

Maggie Oser, a first-year student in pharmacy, said she came “expecting some good laughs.”

“I came for Bethenny,” said Clarissa Smith, a second-year in business, “but I’m staying for the Skinnygirl.”

For the rest of this story, read the Monday edition of The Lantern.