Ohio State Transportation and Parking Services sent an email Monday notifying parking pass customers that starting Tuesday, construction at multiple main intersections on campus will be increasing.

“These projects, which are a continuation of the initiatives for the Academic Core North in the One University Framework Plan, will enhance the pedestrian environment and promote pedestrian safety, simplify roadway alignment, upgrade the utility infrastructure and address deferred maintenance,” according to OSU’s Facilities, Operations and Development (FOD) website.

The One University Framework, a more than $1 billion plan, is a plan to make the university more connected and ensure that its academic vision drives its physical appearance.

Tuttle Park Place is prohibiting thru-traffic between the northern half of the Woody Hayes Drive and Neil Avenue intersection from Feb. 28 through April. There will be access to The Blackwell from the north. During peak hours, traffic coming west on Woody Hayes might not be able to turn south onto Cannon Dive.

According to the email, the Tuttle Park Place is expected to open for the Spring Game on April 21.

There will also be construction on 17th Avenue as part of the second phase of the 17th Avenue improvement project. Eastbound traffic between Tuttle Park Place and Neil Avenue will be restricted March 5 through early Fall Semester.

Neil Avenue will also be closed between the William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library and 17th Avenue through mid-June. There will still be access to Thompson Library dock from Neil Avenue from the south.

“Due to the construction near the Northwest and Tuttle parking garages, we wanted to make you aware of the anticipated traffic delays in the area and to provide additional information about alternate parking options,” according to the email.

The Lane Avenue Parking Garage and parking on West Campus will be available for those keyholders who normally park in the Tuttle and Northwest parking garages. There will be Campus Area Bus Service buses taking riders between Central Campus and West Campus throughout the day. During the construction, Campus Loop South with not be stopping along Curl Drive, which it normally does on the overnight and weekend routes.

Other projects included in the Academic North Core section of the One University Framework Plan are:

-19th Avenue Duct Bank (December 2010 – Spring 2011)

-Woodruff Avenue rebuild (Spring 2011 – Autumn 2012)

-17th Avenue rebuild (Spring 2011 – Autumn 2012)

-CBEC Building (Summer 2011 – Autumn 2014)

-East Regional Chilled Water Plant (Winter 2012 – Spring 2014)

More information about the construction projects is available at FOD’s website.