Though the biggest buzz surrounding the 84th Academy Awards was about who walked away with those coveted Oscars, the drama of the evening started on the red carpet.

That being said, there were very few notable fashion disasters to discuss this year. The focus is placed more upon how the stars wore their gowns.

This brings us to Angelina Jolie, whose leg now has its own Facebook and Twitter account. While her strapless, floor-length Atelier Versace gown had the potential to be a timeless choice, it revealed one minor flaw as it slit all the way up the side. Jolie felt compelled to push her leg through the slit every chance she got, making her the joke of the Oscars. In addition to her obnoxious move, the dress overpowered Jolie’s frail looking frame, making it a bad choice for her.

Our next noteworthy star was Jennifer Lopez. Though her dresses are always gorgeous, they are usually equally as scandalous. She didn’t let us down this year with the sparkling, off-white, striped, floor-length, mermaid Zuhair Murad gown. The dress itself was gorgeous; it flattered Lopez’s curves and the lines ran in different directions, accentuating different areas. However, the one area that needed no assistance was her cleavage. Lopez barely tucked the girls away for this event and controversy is buzzing on whether or not she had a “nip slip.”

While flaws are searched for in the seemingly flawless stars, one star seemed to show none.

Cameron Diaz wore a floor-length, strapless, cream Gucci dress. The train was accented by ruffles, a hint of shimmer and an asymmetrical shape. Although the dress was simple, it accentuated Cameron’s toned physique and redefined the phrase “tasteful elegance.” She receives my vote for most gorgeous Oscar attire.

While every star comes to the Oscar’s with the intentions to dress their best, not everyone succeeds, and only a few can be remembered.