Former Ohio State men’s ice hockey senior goalie Cal Heeter is trading his Scarlet and Gray for orange and black.

In a Tuesday email to The Lantern, Heeter confirmed that he has agreed to terms with the National Hockey League’s Philadelphia Flyers.

Heeter said that while the two parties “agreed to terms,” the terms of the deal “have not been disclosed as of yet.”

Flyers spokesman Zack Hill also confirmed Heeter has agreed to a deal with the team in an email to The Lantern.

Hill told The Lantern in a Tuesday email that Heeter has not physically signed the deal, and the team could not release the details of the contract.

OSU coach Mark Osiecki could not confirm the contract, but told The Lantern Tuesday that Heeter and the Flyers had been talking.

“I haven’t seen (the contract) come through anywhere yet,” Osiecki said. “I know he was chatting with them, so again, I don’t know. I know he was working with it and the contract is supposed to be coming through.”

Heeter has been the starting goalie for the Buckeyes for the past two seasons. He is third in program history in save percentage (.915) and goals-against average (2.58), eighth in saves (2428) and ninth in wins (39).

Osiecki inherited Heeter when he accepted the head coaching position at OSU two years ago.

“For him as a player, I think his growth in two years has been phenomenal. Certainly his efforts are laying the foundation for the future of our program. He has been unbelievably great for us,” Osiecki said.

Having players in the NHL is a goal for Osiecki and his staff.

“That’s what we’re shooting for,” Osiecki said. “We want players to come here, obviously do well for OSU, the athletic department and in academics, but the mindset is that (players) want to play at the NHL level. We want to continue to develop NHL players.”

Heeter will join R.J. Umberger of the Columbus Blue Jackets and Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks, among others, as an OSU alumnus in the NHL.

Osiecki said Heeter’s growth on and off the ice is the reason he will be playing professionally.

“I think it comes down to one thing ­— maturity,” Osiecki said. “I think he has grown as both a person and a player and I think it comes right down to that.”

The Flyers are 36-21-7 and in third-place in the Atlantic Division, as well as fifth-place in the Eastern Conference.

OSU ended its season last weekend, getting swept in a best-of-three series by Notre Dame in the first round of the CCHA playoffs.

Pat Brennan and Michael Periatt contributed to this story.