For almost every Columbus Crew home game, Hudson Street is alive. This Saturday, college-friendly prices could help Ohio State students join the Hooligans.

The Crew will hold its annual $1 Bob Evans bratwurst and $1 Budweiser draft night for their home game against Houston Dynamo at 7:30 p.m. Saturday

Tommy Guenther, a fourth-year in logistics management and operations management, said he will be taking advantage of dollar night.

“I’m going to the dollar night because it’s dollar beers,” Guenther said. “How often can you watch the Crew at the stadium with friends and drink cheap beer? I’m very excited because beers usually cost $7.50 at the games, and everyone there is going to have a good time.”

Megan Kingston, advertising and promotions manager for the soccer team, said this is a great opportunity for budget-conscious students and families.

“When you live on a tight budget, it is sometimes hard to take the family out to a game or to join friends at a game even when the ticket prices are reasonable because you have to account for the food and beverages you eat and drink,” Kingston said. “We try to help with that by providing reasonable ticket prices and reasonable food and beverage prices.”

Kingston said OSU students can purchase tickets from the Discount Ticket Program through the Ohio Union. Those discount tickets are sold out, but Kingston said regular tickets start at $22.

Catelen Ramsey, a second-year in dental hygiene, said this will be her first Crew game, and dollar night is an added bonus.

“My boyfriend and his friends go sometimes and asked if I wanted to go this time … as for the $1 brat and $1 Budweiser, that’s just a plus to me,” Ramsey said. “I’ll definitely be enjoying some Budweiser and knowing this just got me more excited for the game.”

Ramsey also said she sees this as a great opportunity for everyone involved.

“Tailgating is always fun, and as a poor college student, anything that’s a dollar always catches my eye at least,” Ramsey said. “It’s a good way to hang out with your friends and have a fun night. As for families, it seems like it’d be a fun event to go to and see what a professional soccer game is like.”

Kingston, who has been promoting Crew games through print and online ads, radio spots, emails, social media and flier distribution, agreed.

“This is probably one of the best deals that you’ll find for a professional sports game,” Kingston said. “For the Crew, this allows us to market toward the younger fan base who might have thought attending a Crew game with friends is out of their budget. For the fans, it allows them the opportunity to experience a great professional sports environment while still being able to watch their spending.”

Kingston said the Crew holds three of these events per season, all sponsored by Bob Evans and Budweiser. The other two will be held July 14, against Sporting Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. and the third on August 25, against the New England Revolution at 7:30 p.m.