You know that pop song you hear for the first time on the radio and you think you might hate it, but it’s so darn catchy you can’t get it out of your head, so you look it up on YouTube and discover it’s your new favorite song?

That’s what’s happening all over America with the hit “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen.

Never heard of her? Neither had I, but it turns out she is Justin Bieber certified. The Biebs heard her song on the radio when he was home for the holidays and decided he loved it. I can’t say I blame him, because the more I hear the song, the more I want to keep listening to it.

The lyrics are far from intellectually stimulating, but since when has that been a qualification for pop songs? Jepsen sings a noncommittal chorus of, “So here’s my number, so call me maybe,” and the tune and singability make it the ideal pop song.

Bieber said in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that after hearing his fellow Canadian on the radio, he called her up and signed her to his record label, Schoolboy Records. Before that, she was signed to Nickelback singer Chad Kroeger’s Canadian label, 604 Records, and was previously a top-three finalist on “Canadian Idol.”

Jepsen is Bieber’s first artist on his label. The crazy part is that Jepsen, who looks like a 16-year-old, is actually 26 and Bieber is 18. Never say never, right?

Bieber is to Jepsen as Usher was to Bieber, but with some wacky age ratio difference. Bieber and Jepsen were recently on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” where he introduced her as “his artist.” Adding to the “Call Me Maybe” sensation is a homemade YouTube music video starring Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale and several members of the boy band Big Time Rush.

The video has more than 31 million views since it was posted on Feb. 18. All that happens is they dance around and lip sync the song. Even further proof that, just as we all suspected, teen stars and teen music sensations are just like us.