As if Kris Humphries hadn’t lost enough in his career playing with the New Jersey Nets, he took yet another “L” Wednesday when Kanye West professed his love for Humpries’ former wife, Kim Kardashian, in his latest song.

On the track, titled “Theraflu,” West professes that he has long been infatuated with Kardashian. Then, TMZ reported Thursday the two are now dating.

“And I’ll admit, I fell in love with Kim / Around the same time, she fell in love with him,” West rapped in reference to the fleeting, 72-day marriage between Kardashian and Humphries, before going on to say “Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop him from team,” in reference to Humphries’ spot on the Nets, which fellow rapper Jay-Z partially owns.

Ouch.

Humphries mounted a futile campaign against Kardashian since the divorce Oct. 31, appearing in an awkward “Good Morning America” interview Dec. 9, in which he partially blamed his divorce on “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” which constantly kept his relationship in the public eye.

I never really cared one way or another, but as a self-professed West “stan,” or a dedicated fan of a specific artist, I took offense when Humphries threatened to expose some massive secret about West and Kardashian Wednesday in “Star Magazine.”

Then West dropped “Theraflu.”

I’m not sure what purpose “Theraflu” ultimately serves – it’s unclear whether it will appear on the album West’s label, G.O.O.D. Music, is collaborating on, his next solo album, or DJ Khaled’s album, who was featured on the track – but if it’s meant to be a hype track for the release of the first G.O.O.D. Music album single, “Mercy,” which is set to be released Thursday at midnight, or an attempt to quash any attempt on Humphries’ behalf before it began, it was successful.

Humphries hasn’t made a peep about the situation since.

When news dropped Wednesday that “Mercy” would be released, the Internet was naturally set abuzz, but when “Theraflu” was released unexpectedly Wednesday night, Twitter exploded, not only with its marquee line, “Tell PETA my mink is draggin’ on the floor,” trending, but with his jabs at Humphries, as well.

As West rapped in “Monster,” he nabbed a triple-double with no assists in this situation – metaphorically speaking, of course. Humphries, meanwhile, is a member of Mark Titus’ “Club Trillion,” with zeroes across the board in his stat column in the game against ‘Ye.

Before Humphries even got the chance to take Kardashian and West down, West took him down. In a 24-hour time span, West released two hyped tracks, as well as inadvertently made his relationship with Kardashian public, squashing any chance for Humphries to make some kind of startling revelation.

West, coming off the critically acclaimed “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” in 2010, fan-favorite “Watch The Throne” in 2011, his new clothing line which debuted in Paris, is on top of the hip-hop world. Humphries, meanwhile, is riding the bench in silence.