Former Ohio State football players Andrew Sweat, J.B. Shugarts and Michael Brewster didn’t hear their names called during the NFL Draft, but they still managed to achieve their professional dreams soon afterward.

After waiting through seven rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft, Sweat and Shugarts signed free agent deals with the Cleveland Browns while Brewster inked a deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to multiple reports.

The OSU free agent signings come after four Buckeyes – Mike Adams, DeVier Posey, Daniel “Boom” Herron and Nate Ebner – each received draft selections.

Adams, a partner of Shugarts and Brewster on the offensive line for the past four season at Ohio Stadium, was the first former Buckeye taken in this year’s draft and went to Pittsburgh in the second round. Posey was also selected on the second day of the Draft, ending up with the Houston Texans after his third round selection.

Both Herron and Ebner went in the sixth round to the Cincinnati Bengals and the New England Patriots, respectively.

Sweat emerged as a leader for the Buckeyes in 2011 as the only returning starter at linebacker
 for the Buckeyes, leading the team in tackles with 72 despite missing two games due to injury.

Shugarts, a four-year letterman for the Buckeyes, received significant playing time for OSU dating back to his freshman season. Brewster played in a total of 51 games for the Buckeyes, starting 49 consecutive games to end his career.