Former Ohio State men’s basketball guard Jordan Sibert was released from his scholarship and will seek to transfer from the university, an OSU spokesman announced Monday.

He plans to continue his basketball career at another institution, but hasn’t decided where he will transfer.

“I’ve decided to transfer after discussing my future goals with family and my coaches,” Sibert said in a press release. “I would like to find a school where I can make an impact on the court. I will miss my teammates, my coaches and the fans. I will always be a Buckeye.”

Sibert, who attended Princeton High School in Cincinnati, played two years under coach Thad Matta and averaged 2.5 points and 1.4 rebounds in fewer than 10 minutes a game.

Sibert started the season as one of the first players Matta used off the bench, but about midway through the season, freshmen guards Sam Thompson and Shannon Scott started seeing more playing time and Sibert’s minutes declined.

Matta said he supports Sibert’s decision.

“Jordan has worked to improve since he became a Buckeye two years ago,” Matta said in a release. “He has represented our program well and we wish him the best.”

Sibert is the second Buckeye that will transfer from the OSU basketball team that went 31-8 and reached the Final Four during the 2011-12 season.

Former sophomore forward J.D. Weatherspoon also announced his plans to transfer Monday.