As a much-anticipated season approaches for the Ohio State football team, the Big Ten Conference announced this week that the Buckeyes will appear in three primetime games in 2012.

All three primetime games will take place within four weeks beginning on Oct. 6 when the Buckeyes play host to Nebraska at Ohio Stadium at 8 p.m. The homecoming game for OSU, which will be televised on ABC, ESPN, will also mark the Cornhusker’s first visit to Ohio Stadium since 1956. OSU won that contest 34 to 7.

The Buckeyes are then set to travel to Memorial Stadium to play Indiana on Oct. 13 on the Big Ten Network at 8 p.m. before rounding out their primetime games with a visit to State College to play Penn State on Oct. 27.

The game against the Nittany Lions will be played at 6 p.m. and broadcast on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2.

The Buckeyes also played in three primetime games last season where they won a final minute thriller at home against Wisconsin, but dropped the other two away against Miami (Florida) and Nebraska.

Time assignments for the first three weeks of the season are expected before the July 1 deadline, while other times have yet to be determined.

Ohio State is 34-18 in night games starting after 5 p.m. with a 7-3 record in Ohio Stadium, an 18-8 record on the road, and a 9-7 record at neutral sites, according to a press release from the athletic department.