While we wait for more questions from our loyal readers, here’s a question to get you started.

Ohio State has such a big campus. I almost feel like I am drowning because it’s so overwhelming! How do I meet people on campus?

-Overwhelmed

Dear Overwhelmed,

Don’t fret! It’s a lot to take in. I know that I felt overwhelmed when I started here too. The good news is, since OSU has such a large and diverse campus, there is something for everyone here (and if there’s not a club, group or activity that you are into, you can start one). I would suggest starting off by exploring and joining one or two of the many clubs and activities we have on campus. I know that I have met so many great people just by being involved. Even before I came to OSU, I signed up for the Ohio State Welcome Leader Program and I met some great people that showed me around campus and helped me adjust that are now my best friends. Maybe being on the move-in crew isn’t your thing. Maybe you are into longboarding or speaking German, and we have clubs for that too. I encourage you to go out of your comfort zone and simply do what you like to do, or go learn something new. That’s the best way I have found to meet people. Just think, you could make some friends for life or at least see people you know as you tromp around our large and lovely campus.

-AS-

Do you need advice or have a pressing question you need answered? We’re always looking for submissions for Sweet Advice. Send your questions to [email protected]